Designation: Senior Consultant, Gastrointestinal and Vascular Surgeon
- MBBS (Singapore)
- FRCS (Glasgow)
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- FAMS (General Surgery)
- Gastrointestinal and Vascular Surgery
- Advanced keyhole surgery techniques
- Laparoscopy and Robotic surgery
- Bahasa Melayu / Indonesian
- Graduated from National University of Singapore in 1995, with his undergraduate medical degree.
- Completed his training in general, gastro-intestinal and vascular surgery in Singapore, Germany and the UK.
- Spent a year in France acquiring skills in advanced keyhole surgery techniques (laparoscopy and robotic surgery).
- Returned to Singapore and pioneered the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic gastric bypass at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in 2008.
- Initiated the comprehensive metabolic-bariatric surgery service at SGH with support from the Department of Endocrinology, eventually rising to become director of the LIFE Centre.
- Former president of the Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of Singapore (OMSSS)
- Member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- Was the former president of the Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (Singapore chapter).