Our Radiology Centre is well-equipped with imaging machines that provide excellent imaging services with as little radiation exposure and as much comfort as possible.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI, Magnetom Aera provides excellent patient experience and comfort with a shorter scan time. Our MRI is equipped with the largest bore in the industry – 70cm in diameter. It is therefore more spacious and reduces the claustrophobia felt by some patients during their scans.
- Dual Source Low Dose CT is the first Somatom Drive to be installed in Singapore. Its unique Dual Source technology allows precise dose and superfast scan appropriate to individual patient’s needs. The high-resolution detectors also mean that patients undergo significantly reduced radiation dosages with reduced noise, while providing excellent image quality.
- Modern Ultrasonography machines available to diagnose a variety of conditions and to assess organs with unprecedented image clarity. Unlike X-ray exams, which use ionizing radiation to create images, ultrasound exams use sound waves to generate images. With our machines, this means that ultrasound exam is a radiation-free and pregnancy-friendly diagnostic tool, with no compromise in terms of image clarity.
- Bone Mineral Densitometry (DEXA Scan) machine can quickly and painlessly assess your bone strength.
- Uses a low dose of X-ray to measure the amount of mineral in the bones of your body, allowing identification of patients at risk for osteoporosis and other debilitating conditions. It offers precise and accurate evaluation with a low-dosage and is the gold standard for fracture risk assessment.
- The additional feature of Advanced Body Composition assessment feature color images displaying the distribution of fat, lean mass, bone and fat mass index.
- Digital Mammography with Breast care station. Mammomat Fusion is one of the first to be installed in Singapore and is the most accurate screening system available.
- Screening is made more comfortable as the plate will automatically slow and stop compressing breast tissue when the plate reaches the optimal level of compression.
- Digital mammography is a more technologically advanced form of mammography. It is quicker, more comfortable and produces higher resolution images than traditional X-ray based mammography.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a painless, non-invasive test that produces detailed images of your body. An MRI machine creates the images using a magnetic field and radio waves. This test is also known as a brain MRI or a cranial MRI. An MRI scan is different from a CT scan or an X-ray in that it does not use radiation to produce images. An MRI scan combines images to create a 3-D picture of your internal structures hence it is more effective than other scans at detecting abnormalities in small structures of the brain such as the pituitary gland and brain stem. Sometimes a contrast agent, or dye, can be given through an intravenous (IV) line to better visualize certain structures or abnormalities.
A CT scan (also known as Computerized Tomography scan) is a series of x-ray views taken from multiple angles that are processed digitally to create cross-sectional images of your soft tissues and bones inside your body. The x-ray tube moves around the body part being studied as the table moves the patient through the scanner.