Dr Dennis Koh is a fully qualified and trained general surgeon, with sub-specialty training in Colorectal Surgery. He has performed numerous colon and rectal surgeries, both open and minimally invasive. He believes that each surgery should be adapted and tweaked to each individual patient’s unique case and situation with minimal impact on patient’s lifestyle. Dr Koh is also experienced in proctology and pelvic floor disorders. These include conditions like haemorrhoids (piles), anal fistula, anal fissures, anal abscesses, functional constipation and faecal incontinence.
Dr Dennis Koh
Designation: Senior Consultant, Colorectal Surgery
More About Dr Koh
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Nottingham)
- Master of Medicine (Surgery)
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Nottingham)
- Fellow Academy of Medicine Singapore (Surgery)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Surgery) of Singapore
- Bahasa Melayu/Indonesian
- Colorectal Surgery; both open and minimally invasive surgeries
– Laparoscopic (key-hole), single port surgery, robotic surgery and transanal endoscopic operation (TEO)
- Adept in the field of Endoscopy (colonoscopy and gastroscopy), including endoscopic stenting and endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Graduated from University of Nottingham, UK, with his medical degree
- Prior to obtaining his medical degree, Dr Koh also took a year off and obtained a Bachelor in Medical Science.
- Furtheredhis medical education and embarked on his surgical training in Singapore
- Obtained Master of Medicine in Surgery from National University of Singapore in 2005.
- Completed his advance surgical training with Singapore General Hospital and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2009.
- Admitted as a fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Surgery) of Singapore in 2009.
- Was Awarded the SingHealth Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Award and furtheredhis training in Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve (HUG) Switzerland.
- Was a consultant surgeon in the Department of Colorectal Surgery in the Singapore General Hospital
- Further honed his skills in proctology and pelvic floor disorders during his fellowship in Geneva. These includeconditions like haemorrhoids (piles), anal fistula, anal fissures, anal abscesses, functional constipation and faecal incontinence.