Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
An ambulatory care centre treats patients on a day-patient basis. We conduct modern minimally invasive surgeries and have in-house diagnostic imaging systems, all staffed by a team of qualified and clinically proficient doctors. The objective is to get you diagnosed and treated faster so you can get back to your regular life.
Getting treated in an Ambulatory Care Centre reduces your risk of getting infected with viruses and/or germs from other patients and next-of-kin.Furthermore, statistics have shown that 62% of surgeries done in Operating Theatre are day surgery or ambulatory care cases.
Our core specialities include Orthopaedic, Paedetrics, Gastrointestinal & Vascular, Digestive & Liver, Cardiology, Urology, Colorectal, ENT, General Surgery, Breast, Dermatology, Pain Management, Respiratory, and Gynaecology.
Our facilities include a health screening centre, day surgery centre, diagnostic and interventional radiology centre, endoscopy suites, day care beds and private rooms, specialist outpatient clinics, and general practitioner clinics.
Please visit our doctor listing page for more information
Our doctors do not usually communicate with patients directly over email. You may communicate with your doctor by contacting Customer Service.
Our Customer Service has the most accurate information on provider schedules. Please contact our Customer Service for more details.
Not necessarily. You can contact our Customer Service to schedule a direct appointment with the StarMed specialist of your choice.
You will need to bring along the following items:
- Proof of identification
– IC for Singaporeans and PRs
– S-Pass/Work-permit for foreigners
- Any medical reports you may like the doctor to reference
You only need to admit one hour ahead of your surgery.
We are able to conduct X-rays, MRIs, CT Scans and other imaging services. Please contact our Customer Service for more details.
Yes, StarMed has pre-departure swab test available. You may book an appointment with us at 6322 6340, 9655 2101, or through our online appointment form here.
Many of us have the misconception that we should go for a medical check-up or health screening only when a medical concern arises. Although we may feel well with a balanced diet and regular exercise, we might not be aware of diseases and medical conditions that typically show no symptoms in the early stages.
A health screening can pick up anomalies which point to chronic diseases or more serious underlying issues – allowing you to get treated earlier, saving you on money and further medical complications in the long run.
Our screening packages range from basic to advanced packages (with cancer screening) to specialised packages for conditions such as diabetes, stroke, and hypertension.
If you identify yourself to be in the high-risk group for a particular disease or medical condition, we recommend that you choose a package that screens for it.
Risk factors include your family history (if there is a history of cancer, diabetes or heart disease in the family history), age (older patients tend to develop more problems as such glaucoma), lifestyle (smokers and those who lead a sedentary lifestyle) and any present health complaints.
Feel free to contact us if you are unsure of which package to choose.
- After you are registered, you will be arranged for a blood test, clinical test, and a meeting with a physician.
- To identify any initial health concerns or issues, a doctor will conduct a review of your medical, family, and social history, and perform a physical examination on you.
- Our physicians may collaborate with the doctors for any ongoing health care diagnosis or treatment.
- At the end of your screening, our doctor will review the full health screening report results with you.
- If a medical issue discovered, you will be referred to our center’s specialists, but a referral letter will be provided to our screeners if they prefer to have own arrangements.
- The entire screening process may take 3 to 5 hours, depending on the package selected. Light breakfast such as porridge, bread & hot beverages will be provided after the screening.
- Fasting is required the night before your health screening (8 hours before, specifically for blood tests, abdomen, and liver ultrasound). This ensures accuracy of your blood test results for glucose, lipid, and triglycerides. You may drink water during this fasting period.
- If you are on medication or on any supplements, please do not consume any medication or supplements on the day of screening. You may resume consumption of your medication after your blood test is completed on the screening day.
- If you have received any medical reports, x-ray / ultrasound images and laboratory results within the past year, please bring them along with you.
- If you are feeling unwell on the day of your screening, we can help to reschedule your appointment at your convenience. This is because overall fitness and medication such as antibiotics may affect your screening results.
- If you are pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant, please let us know before hand or consult a doctor to find out if you are suitable for the health screening.
- Casual attire is preferred. Consider wearing or bringing comfortable shoes, as a treadmill test may be part of your selected package.
It will typically take about a week for your Health Screening Review to be ready.
Co-located with Park Hotel at Farrer ParkStarMed Specialist Centre’s main entrance is beside Park Hotel’s main entrance.
Farrer Park MRT Station (NE8) Exit A. Look Towards your right where you will see “StarMed Specialist Centre”. Enter through Park Hotel doors, go through Park Hotel lobby, exit and turn right to our entrance.
Bus 131 and 141. Look out for the bus-stop that is situated just outside Farrer Park MRT Station (NE8). Look for “StarMed Specialist Centre” signage, enter through Park Hotel lobby, exit and turn right to our entrance.
From Serangoon Road
Turn left to Owen Road. Look for Park Hotel on the right. Drvie in to Park Hotel car park and drive up to 3rd or 4th floor. Look for “StarMed Specialist Centre” lift.
Turn to Farrer Park Station Road. Turn left to Owen Road. Look for Park Hotel on the left. Drive in to Park Hotel car park and drive up to 3rd or 4th floor. Look for “Stared Specialist Centre” lift.
From Race CourseRoad
Turn to Birch Road. Turn left to Farrer Park Station Road. Turn right to Owen Road. Look for Park Hotel on the left. Drive in to Park Hotel car park and drive up to 3rd or 4th floor. Look for “StarMed Specialist Centre” lift.
You may contact our Customer Service, by phone at +65 6322 6333 and/or WhatsApp us at (+65) 9655 2101, during our Opening Hours
Yes, you can pay your bills by credit. At the moment, we accept VISA and MasterCard.
Yes, you can pay your bills by cash and/or NETS.
If you have billing questions, please contact our Customer Service.
Our pricings are lower than most Singapore’s private hospital’s pricings and above the public re-structured hospitals’ private pricings.
Hospitals, by its 24 hours 7 days a week nature, incur more manpower and facilities operational costs. These factors then contribute to patients’ bills.
StarMed has shorter waiting time for appointment and fast turnaround time for admission to discharge, ascompared to most public-structured hospitals and private hospitals in Singapore.
Yes, we are on IHP, Adept, Alliance, MHC, Fullerton, Ixchange and Raffles Health International.
Yes we are. We have e-file cases done in Operating Theatre and Endoscopy Centre. All cases were successfully processed.
We have received our successful claims from the various insurance companies such as Great Eastern, AIA, NTUC Income, Prudential, AXA and AVIVA.
CPF Medisave can be used to cover chronic illness outpatient treatment, surgery and radiology scans capped at $300 for diagnostic, and $600 for cancer patients at StarMed.
These cards can be used at our general practitioner clinics for acute and chronic outpatient treatment.
StarMed is on the panel of various company insurance such as MHC, IHP, Adept, Alliance, Fullerton, Ixchange, Raffles. You may call our hotline at 6322 6333 for assistance.
You may contact our Customer Service with your questions. It would be helpful if you provide information of where you’re coming from and when would you like to visit our Centre.
We are able to assist her in the following other languages:
- Bahasa Melayu
Please request through our Customer Service. Please note that this process may take up to 7 working days and will require an administrative fee charge.
You can bring along your external medical records to your visit to StarMed.
You can stay with you spouse/family member if he/she is in the Single Room.
We will book the surgery with a private hospital where our doctor will be performing the surgery at. Prior to the surgery, our doctor will recommend and discuss with you on the private hospitals available.
Unfortunately, no. Please contact our Customer Service to schedule an appointment for patient’s ease and convenience.
Not without patient consent. This is due to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) concerns and doctor-patient confidentiality.
Yes. Please contact our Customer Service, at +65 6322 6333 and/or WhatsApp us at (+65) 9655 2101to know about our upcoming talks.
You may contact our Customer Serviceto check on current openings.