Dr Victor Lee’s specialty is in major surgeries involving the liver, gallbladder, bile duct and pancreas. He is accomplished in using minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy for gallbladder and hernia surgeries. An advocate of the latest surgicaltechniques, he can also offer microwave ablation for patients who are unsuitable for open surgeries.
Dr Lee Tswen Wen Victor
Designation: Senior Consultant, Digestive & Liver Surgery
More About Dr Lee
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Singapore)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Master of Medicine (Surgery)
- Master of Science (Bioinformatics)
- FAMS: Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (General Surgery)
- Hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgery
- Liver: Liver cancer, colorectal liver metastasis and other liver tumours.
- Pancreas: Pancreatic cyst assessment, pancreatitis and pancreatic cance
- Bile Duct: Bile duct stones, stricture and bile duct cancer.
- Laparoscopic General Surgery
- Gallstone removal
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic assessment and surgery
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore
- Adjunct Assistant Professor and Visiting Research Scientist, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Bahasa Melayu/Indonesian
- Graduated from the National University of Singapore Medical School in 1998
- Obtained the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh membership diploma in 2001
- Completed advanced surgical training at the Singapore General Hospital and the National Cancer Centre Singapore in 2006
- Admitted ad Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) in 2007
- Joined National University of Singapore as Associate Consultant and Assistant Professor in 2007
- Trained at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK, in liver, kidney and pancreas transplant and complex hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery from 2008-2009
- Returned to National University Hospital as Consultant Surgeon in 2009
- Set up the National Pancreas Transplant Programme as Co-Director in 2012
- Joined Singapore General Hospital as Senior Consultant and Director of Pancreas Transplant in 2012
- Conferred Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School in 2012
- Director of Centre for Digestive & Liver Disease in 2013-2015,which has more than 500 patient visits per day for hepatobiliary, gastro-enterology, upper gastro-intestinal and colorectal diseases.
- In private practice since 2015