Influenza & Pneumococcal Vaccination
Influenza Vaccine: $44
Pneumococcal Single Dose: $200
Pneumococcal Booster: $105
- Protects you against influenza or seasonal flu, as well as potentially serious complications e.g. pneumonia
- Influenza is a respiratory illness which is highly contagious. It is a serious condition because the infection, at times, can lead to complications and even death
- The Ministry of Health recommends that you get the annual flu vaccination even if you are healthy, especially if you live with or take care of the elderly, young children or people with low immunity
- Prevents pneumococcal pneumonia
- Pneumococcal pneumonia is a bacterial lung infection that, if not treated, can lead to hospitalisation and fatal consequences
- This vaccine is recommended if you are 65 years and above, or have chronic health issues of the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys, or have a weakened immunity system
You can protect yourself against common illnesses – Influenza vaccine will help against the seasonal flu and the pneumococcal vaccine protects against pneumonia. Vaccines protect the people closest to you, especially those who are at higher risk of developing complications from certain diseases such as elderly and children.
Vaccine appointments are easily available at StarMed and take less than 30 minutes to administer.